Re: Possible GDI Exploit Vector

From: Babar Shafiq Nazmi (babarnazmi_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/01/04

    Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 15:29:51 +0500
    To: "james_love@agilent.com" <james_love@agilent.com>

    I tried to put a jpeg in my profile pic and in emotion panel for
    testing the same on msn 6 which is created by GDI flaw(remote shell
    binding code), but msn 6 complains about the jpeg image.
    (The image can't be displayed or resized, Please try again,or select
    another image)
    thats y I don't thin msn6 uses GDI to render images in display and in emotions.
    But i can send infected image to ppls who are not using updated
    Antivirus/patched by file transfers. This is still dangerous.

    Babar Shafiq

    --
    God is a great Programmer

    • GDIplus issue
      ... I'm loading the main image which is a jpeg, ... text and shapes on that base image using Graphics class of GDI+, ... My problem is when I use GDI+, I loose some quality of the base image. ... EncoderParameter testParam= new ...
    • Re: loading, Flipping and saving jpgs
      ... You're talking about milliseconds to flip an image, and 10,000 of them could be flipped in very short order. ... You will still need to use a third party library to convert flipped bitmap back into a jpeg, but there are many such libraries freely available that work well with VB6. ... when using such simple methods you really need to ensure that the system is running at full colour depth because loading a jpeg into a PictureBox or into a StdPicture object using the LoadPicture function or by setting a Picture property will degrade the colours when the code is run on a system running at 16 bit colour depth or less. ... You can actually load jpegs into a full colour DIBSection in VB6, even on machines that are running at 16 bits or less, and without using GDI+, but it takes quite a bit of work to do so. ...
    • Re: Image quality: ImageFormat.Jpeg
      ... Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks ... Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ ... is there a way to set the output quality of a saved JPEG graphics? ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing)
    • Re: jpeg palette is lost after loading it as bitmap to work with GDI+ C#
      ... AFAIK JPEG uses 24 bit colour and does not use palettes. ... Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks ... Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing)
    • Re: GDI+ FAQ: Problem with best-fit transform and JPEG image
      ... It may be that the resolution on the JPEG is set to something odd that is ... Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks ... Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ ... > The program worked correctly for GIF and BMP files, ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing)