RE: IE, Firefox, Opera DoS

From: GulfTech Security (security_at_gulftech.org)
Date: 08/25/04

    To: <bugtraq@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:59:19 -0500

    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this just an exhaustion of resources and
    not a "vulnerability" at all? You could have it write text to the page
    instead of iframes and you get the same results because the JavaScript goes
    into an infinite loop.

    Does having your 486 freeze up when you attempt to open a 700mb DivX file
    constitute as a vulnerability of the media software or operating system? I
    think not. Here is a "one liner" I wrote that does the same thing, but I do
    not in ANY way consider this a vulnerabity.

    <script> var i = 1; while (i) </script>

    James