Re: Driver for display goes to a infinite loop by viewing a html!

From: Steven Leikeim (steven_at_enel.ucalgary.ca)
Date: 08/11/04

    Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:49:43 -0600
    To: Bipin Gautam <visitbipin@hotmail.com>

    On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 12:11:06PM -0000, Bipin Gautam wrote:

    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > View this page:
    > http://www.geocities.com/visitbipin/crazy.html

    This is just crazy!!! :-)

    > Try scrolling the picture for few seconds...[ don't kill the process] I have tested it on several machines with intel vga. it reboots Winxp with a fetal error because The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop.

    I tried this on a Dell Optiplex GX270 (It's got a builtin Intel 82865G Graphics
    Controller). Windows XP with SP2 is installed. Accessing this page with IE
    causes the system to crash as you desribe. If I use Netscape 7.1 on this
    machine it just shows the page quite quickly and nothing further happens.
    Mozilla 1.4.2 on Fedora Core 1 is similarly unaffected by this page.

    --
    Steven Leikeim                        |
    University of Calgary                 |   There are lies, damned lies,