Re: Driver for display goes to a infinite loop by viewing a html!

From: Steven Leikeim (steven_at_enel.ucalgary.ca)
Date: 08/11/04

    Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:49:43 -0600
    To: Bipin Gautam <visitbipin@hotmail.com>

    On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 12:11:06PM -0000, Bipin Gautam wrote:

    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > View this page:
    > http://www.geocities.com/visitbipin/crazy.html

    This is just crazy!!! :-)

    > Try scrolling the picture for few seconds...[ don't kill the process] I have tested it on several machines with intel vga. it reboots Winxp with a fetal error because The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop.

    I tried this on a Dell Optiplex GX270 (It's got a builtin Intel 82865G Graphics
    Controller). Windows XP with SP2 is installed. Accessing this page with IE
    causes the system to crash as you desribe. If I use Netscape 7.1 on this
    machine it just shows the page quite quickly and nothing further happens.
    Mozilla 1.4.2 on Fedora Core 1 is similarly unaffected by this page.

    --
    Steven Leikeim                        |
    University of Calgary                 |   There are lies, damned lies,

    • Audio device issue after installing XP SP2
      ... After installing XP SP2, Windows blocked my audio controller. ...
    • SP2 files replaced
      ... I updated to SP2 in August when it came out. ... today my hard drive started churning like crazy and I noticed a window had ... Windows files had been replaced by an older version and the newer ones were ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • logon locally to domain controller
      ... I set up a windows 2000 server (SP2) as a domain ... controller. ... Now I should install software that requires me ... windows" dialog, hence I can't choose to log on locally... ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Slow startup and shutdown
      ... > applications that have always been present, ... The problem began before loading SP2 and hasn't changed. ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    • Re: Windows Startup Taking a Long Time
      ... It may help speed up your system, but it should be clean ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... As for Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows XP, ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...