Re: Internet explorer .clsid vulnerability

From: roozbeh afrasiabi (roozbeh_afrasiabi_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 05/22/04

    Date: 22 May 2004 02:45:02 -0000
    To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) In-Reply-To: <8B32EDC90D8F4E4AB40918883281874D523591@pivxwin2k1.secnet.pivx.com>

    >This is actually a behavior that is part of Windows Explorer, not
    Internet Explorer. I think we have covered this in the past on lists as
    well. If it is not already documented somewhere it should be, as this is
    how Windows file queries (inside IE) are performed on the local file
    system.

    The following would execute netmeeting on ie.6 when tested from an
    internet site but it dose not work on ie.6+sp1 .

    Thanx for the info ---> me gone searching fo' more

    • Re: Removing search addresses
      ... future reference with internet explorer. ... MSN browser vs. IE and the .Net Framework. ... To remove those lists in IE, you use Taskbar and Start menu (in ... address bar and and clicked on the green web search bar and went to ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: How to encode a UTF8 file in VBA?
      ... and open the XML file in Internet Explorer. ... Explorer will complain if the encoding of the XML file doesn't match the ... Dim objStream As Stream ...
      (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
    • Search function changed
      ... When I try to customize I have two lists to choose from, ... "loading search settings" before it finally does the search. ... I've tried repairing Internet Explorer and also Reset Web Setting - no joy. ...
    • IE wont display graphics on some sites
      ... Look at the encoding in your internet explorer. ... Encoding and try setting it to Unicode. ... >Internet connectivity is through a router with NAT. ... a ping to the server fails as unable to ...
    • Re: Selective Deleting of Items in Auto-Complete Forms Cache
      ... 217148 - How to Use the AutoComplete Feature in Internet Explorer: ... You can't delete individual URLs except from the TypedURLs list (registry ... IE Address Bar Editor: http://www.freesoft.fsnet.co.uk/ieedit01.htm ... > but there are some items in the various lists that I'd ...