RE: After Ms patches last Wed ...

From: phaser-X (px_at_zeroday.net)
Date: 04/17/04

    Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:44:26 -0700 (PDT)
    To: Alun Jones <alun@texis.com>

    I couldn't do anything on the system. If I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL to get into
    the task manager, it literally took about 20 minutes. Everything was very
    unresponsive. I ended up having to use the "repair" feature off the win2k
    CD. It replaced a few files and then the system was fine until I went
    back and re-updated, then the PC crashed after about 15 minutes and upon
    reboot the system was 100% again. I repeated the "repair" option to get
    everything back to normal again. And yes, it was the "system" process
    that was 99-100%, not the system idle process.

    -pX