Re: NetSky.q Virus. Looking for more detailed information on how the DOS will be performed.

From: Paul (paul_at_edonkey2000.com)
Date: 03/31/04

    To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:46:55 -0500

    I just wanted to say thanks to all the people who responded, I think we have
    enough information to build a decent set of firewall rules to drop the incoming
    packets at the access points.

    Moving forward, I don't really understand why this information was so hard to get
    in the first place, all of the A/V vendors make the virus client payload information
    easily and freely accessible on their websites, why the detailed information on
    the actuall attack the virus was designed was left out is beyond me. I understand
    and sympathise that this would be conisdered extremely technical information, but
    making it available as a subtext or in a linked analysis document shouldn't be to
    hard.

    thank you all
    paul

    > From: "Paul" <paul@edonkey2000.com>
    > To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com
    > Date: Tue, Mar-30-2004 1:52 PM
    > Subject: NetSky.q Virus. Looking for more detailed information on how the DOS will be performed.
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I work for one of the companies about to be hit with the dDOS attack 7-12 from the NetSky.Q virus.
    > http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.netsky.q@mm.html
    >
    > I am looking for more detailed information on exactly how the dDOS attack will be performed, ports used, request
    > type, packet size, etc. In hopes of getting enough information to work with our providers for an adequate defense.
    >
    > The online AV sites concentrate on the end user response (how to clean, what it does to their PC etc).
    >

    > Does anyone have this information?
    > paul

    • NetSky.q Virus. Looking for more detailed information on how the DOS will be performed.
      ... I work for one of the companies about to be hit with the dDOS attack 7-12 from the NetSky.Q virus. ... I am looking for more detailed information on exactly how the dDOS attack will be performed, ports used, request ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Immune response to flu responsible for deaths?
      ... Spanish Flu in Monkeys Causes Uncontrolled Immune Response ... Explain that monkeys given the virus developed an uncontrolled immune ...
      (misc.health.alternative)
    • Re: Help Me Clean up a Hackers Mess!
      ... You could try reading the book Incident Response, ... I let it delete a file containing a virus ... > declaring that fluxay is not a virus but part of a hacker's toolkit. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Help & Support, Run and Search Tool Problem
      ... My response below. ... Virus / Spyware Status = The computer appears to be clean as I have scanned ... for viruses and spyware several times. ... > if your antivirus subscription is active and virus definitions current. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Keyboard not responding in Word & Excel 97
      ... It's been reported that there is a virus that causes this. ... <end quote> ... > type any letters or numbers, there is no response in Word ... > or Excel, though I do see disk access. ...