Re: security enforcement - new monitor for winnt

http-equiv_at_excite.com
Date: 03/30/04

    To: <bugtraq@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:30:14 -0000

    <!--

    afaik, i can stop ie 0day exploits by doing these things.

    so, i made this:

    http://umbrella.name/winblox/

    of course, free.

    -->

    This is fantastic. A truly useful effort for the benefit of the
    so-called "security community". And free. And from security
    expert who actually finds new and imaginative full and complete
    remote compromises and other goodies against the ubiquitous mass
    produced products from 'Microsoft'. Perhaps others out there
    can contribute to Liu Die Yu's most generous efforts and develop
    this free utility even further for the good of the so-
    called "security community". There really is no need for anyone
    to spend a nickel to achieve any of this. For example, securing
    the 'My Computer' zone requires nothing more than a .reg entry
    to allow the same security settings in Internet Explorer to be
    revealed, there's even a 'Microsoft' KB article showing how to
    do that. For free !:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315933

    I take it you will be at the Gartner Symposium/Itxpo 2004.

    --
    http://www.malware.com