Winamp 5.02 Long Filename Buffer Overflow Vulnerability

From: Tobias Welter (newbie_at_e-mails.ru)
Date: 03/19/04

    Date: 19 Mar 2004 16:44:27 -0000
    To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com

    Audio files with names longer than 246 characters crashing the Player on double click.

    • Re: Confused over Womble output options
      ... I'm still unable to get the encoding result I expect. ... I note that the playback of the AVI file in Womble's Input ... Terry this is my conversion using Womble - first selected the PAL DVD ... various ways depending on the player. ...
      (rec.video.desktop)
    • Old Christmas, From the Sketchbook of Washington Irving + Audio
      ... Requires MP3 player to listen to book ... Also includes audio files of human readings of all chapters of this ... These MP3 files can be played on a computer or copied to any MP3 ... Five files, eleven to thirty-two minutes each, total listening ...
      (soc.genealogy.marketplace)
    • Re: Quality MP3 player
      ... they can sound worse on a really crap player. ... That depends very much on the specific MP3. ... This requires a relatively high encoding ... My guess is that with much material and many MP3 encoders, ...
      (rec.audio.tech)
    • Re: Music CD(with PPT) play in the stand-alone player and CD rom
      ... mp3) from the CD player. ... Explorer and they cannot play in the CD Rom. ... >As I said, I haven't tested it here, but the audio files ... >As far as I can see, Nero Express can't create a Mixed ...
      (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
    • Re: audio (and supporting data files) onto one CD?
      ... onto a CD so the audio files can be played on a standard CD player without ... Am using a Toshiba laptop running XP Home edn. ... Currently the recording wizard offers data recording, ... my CD player, or audio recording, which will not allow me to add data. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.music)