Re: spamblocker turns into mail denial of service

From: Chris Fuhrman (chris.fuhrman_at_tfcci.com)
Date: 03/15/04

    To: Dana Hudes <dhudes@tcp-ip.info>
    Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:45:29 -0500

    Howdy,

    The Monkeys.com blacklist was officially retired 9/22 due to repeated
    DDoS attacks on it's main servers.

    Please see http://www.dnsbl.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12 for the
    official closing announcement from Ron Guilmette.

    Cheers!

    --
    Chris Fuhrman           | Twenty First Century Communications
    chris.fuhrman@tfcci.com | Senior Software Engineer

    • Re: Connection Pooling Maxed Out
      ... puzzling is why this didn't happen on the previously on the old servers. ... Our application is rather huge and we did one round of cleanup (closing the ... connections) for the more commonly-used pages when we first realised this ...
    • Removing servers from replication
      ... I have a client that has 3 offices with 2 servers in each office. ... replicate with Active Directory. ... One of the offices is closing March 1st, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
    • Re: OT anyone know where nntp.aioe.org is?
      ... band but its been pretty reliable. ... With the current closing of many news ... servers of late, these free ones are used by quite a few people. ...
      (uk.tech.digital-tv)
    • Re: Jargons of Info Tech industry
      ... >> servers when the email is read. ... As well as use in DDOS attacks, ... Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. ... http://mindprod.com Again taking new Java programming contracts. ...
      (comp.unix.programmer)