RE: MS to stop allowing passwords in URLs

From: Francis Favorini (francis.favorini_at_duke.edu)
Date: 02/03/04

    To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:24:09 -0500

    Vinny Abello [mailto:vinny@tellurian.com] wrote...
    > Interestingly, I've already found that this patch doesn't fix
    > this problem when using IE as an object in VB6.

    From the KB article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834489
    "After you install the 832894 security update, you can set registry values
    to use this new behavior in other programs that host the Web browser control
    or to disable this new behavior for Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer."

    The specifics of the registry values are also documented therein.

    -FF

    • Re: Problem with Windows Explorer on XP-Pro/SP2
      ... New developments listed at the bottom of this, but still no fix, yet. ... If you have recently installed SP2 on your computer then ... there have now been over 200 people reporting very similar problems ... Windows Explorer (Recycle bin, folder shortcuts, control panel, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Windows Explorer crashes in XP-Pro/SP2
      ... > New developments listed at the bottom of this, but still no fix, yet. ... > to what you are reporting. ... > posting that confirmed this for the Windows Explorer problem. ... > to install free ShellExView and to try disabling these ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Internet Explorer
      ... How do I fix this problem? ... there have now been about 200 people reporting very similar problems ... Windows Explorer (Recycle bin, folder shortcuts, control panel, ... Restore point or doing a Repair Install of Windows or reformatting ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Windows Explorer crashes in XP-Pro/SP2
      ... > free SP2 support process. ... > thousands of other people can get a fix for this. ... Windows Explorer ... >>> to what you are reporting. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Internet Explorer
      ... How do I fix this problem? ... > to what you are reporting. ... > posting that confirmed this for the Windows Explorer problem. ... > to install free ShellExView and to try disabling these ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)