Re: Edonkey/Overnet Plugins capable of Virus/Worm behavior

From: Alexander Demenshin (aldem-bugtraq_at_aldem.net)
Date: 12/18/03

    Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:32:40 +0100
    To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com

    On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 10:32:01AM -0000, Julian Ashton wrote:

    > MetaMachine and checked when loaded. Am I asking too much? I do not want
    > to see this network become a mode of virus propogation.

      A simple bulk-emailer is much worse than file-sharing network - this way
      a potential virus/trojan may be sent out to tens of millions (and 80%
      will click "run").

      Of course, any tool may be misused... You can buy a knife and kill someone,
      so should we stop selling (any) knives, or require certification or police
      permit (and registration) before selling one? :)

    Regards,
    /Al

    • Re: Will the New Orleans system be rebuilt as 1900 Mhz as before?
      ... >Where did you ever hear that cingular was selling off their 800 Mhz ... >their legacy 1900 PCS network in those areas to the former AT&T ...
      (alt.cellular.verizon)
    • Re: Buying replacement handset - SIM-free versus PAYG?
      ... compulsory PAYG SIM that I don't want, ... The network gives the dealer a subsidy for selling a phone on their network ... CPW normally use unlocked standard GSM phone stock, ...
      (uk.telecom.mobile)
    • Re: Any German speakers here?
      ... >Good Lord. ... >He's selling it as *loudspeaker cable*! ... >It looks like a genuine RG type though. ... x 860mm for my network analyzer's patch leads. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: OT : Can XP Home be used in office?
      ... profit from selling you XP Pro. ... someone using a single pc with the supplied Word processing etc. for your ... Unless your connected to a network you will not notice any difference. ...
      (uk.rec.motorcycles)
    • Re: Selling phone - Unregister?
      ... to a friend who wants to use their existing number, ... that phone - Or is it only connected with my old SIM that I'll dispose of? ... So I'm basically asking if I need to let Orange know that I'm selling the ... network, theres no issues about unlocking etc... ...
      (uk.telecom.mobile)