Re: Edonkey/Overnet Plugins capable of Virus/Worm behavior

From: Alexander Demenshin (aldem-bugtraq_at_aldem.net)
Date: 12/18/03

    Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:32:40 +0100
    To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com

    On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 10:32:01AM -0000, Julian Ashton wrote:

    > MetaMachine and checked when loaded. Am I asking too much? I do not want
    > to see this network become a mode of virus propogation.

      A simple bulk-emailer is much worse than file-sharing network - this way
      a potential virus/trojan may be sent out to tens of millions (and 80%
      will click "run").

      Of course, any tool may be misused... You can buy a knife and kill someone,
      so should we stop selling (any) knives, or require certification or police
      permit (and registration) before selling one? :)

    Regards,
    /Al