ZH2003-19SA (security advisory): BBPro Store Builder Path Disclosure

From: G00db0y (G00db0y_at_zone-h.org)
Date: 08/10/03

    Date: 10 Aug 2003 16:09:18 -0000
    To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com

    ZH2003-19SA (security advisory): BBPro Store Builder Path Disclosure

    Published: 10 august 2003

    Released: 10 august 2003

    Name: BBPro Store Builder

    Affected Systems: current version

    Issue: Remote attackers can know the path of the site

    Author: G00db0y@zone-h.org

    Vendor: http://www.imediasoftware.com/products/storebuilder/

    Description

    ***********

    Zone-h Security Team has discovered a flaw in BBPro Store Builder (and
    older
    versions?). "BBPro Store Builder handles creating and managing your online
    store."

    Details

    *******

    It's possible to make a malformed http request in BBPro Store Builder and
    in doing so
    trigger an error. The resulting error message will disclose potentially
    sensitive
    installation path information to the remote attacker.

    Example:

    http://www.site.com/pathofstorebuilder/index.php?cat='

    If we do a simple http request in many files in BBPro Store Builder we
    will have the
    same problem.

    http://www.site.com/pathofstorebuilder/shared/_settings.php

    Solution:

    *********

    The vendor has been contacted and a patch is not yet produced.

    Suggestions:

    Filter all files.

    G00db0y - www.zone-h.org admin

    Original advisory here: http://www.zone-h.org/en/advisories/read/id=2863/