Re: CORE-2003-0403: Axis Network Camera HTTP Authentication Bypass

From: Kee Hinckley (nazgul_at_somewhere.com)
Date: 05/28/03

    Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 20:34:27 -0400
    To: CORE Security Technologies Advisories <advisories@coresecurity.com>

    While you are fixing the vulnerability in your Axis video camera.
    Please also stop to check and make sure that you have turned off (or
    properly configured) it's ability to send snapshots via email. If
    you turn on the function without configuring the addresses, older
    cameras will default to sending email to mail@somewhere.com "from"
    olga@somewhere.com. We get on the order of ten to fifteen thousand
    of these every day. On occasions when we've bothered to look, we've
    seen things ranging from computer rooms to jewelry store security
    cameras. Probably not the kind of thing you'd want to be sending to
    strangers.

    --
    Kee Hinckley
    http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account