RE: Microsoft Terminal Services vulnerable to MITM-attacks.

From: Larry Seltzer (larry@larryseltzer.com)
Date: 04/03/03

    From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry@larryseltzer.com>
    To: "'Erik Forsberg'" <forsberg+btq@cendio.se>, <bugtraq@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 19:09:10 -0500

    >>RDP is vulnerable to Man In The Middle attacks (from here on referred to as MITM
    attacks). The attack works as follows:

    Do you know if ICA (Citrix products) is also vulnerable?

    LJS

    • RE: Pen test, tcp/1404 found - advice needed
      ... That ICA is repeated every 10 seconds or so, ... into the port. ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ... > your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: Microsoft Terminal Services vulnerable to MITM-attacks.
      ... The ICA Protocol is also vulnerable. ... of the server. ... > attacks). ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • RE: Man in the middle attack help
      ... Just to mention that for MITM attacks arp cache poisoning is just one piece of the puzzle. ... SSL or SSH MITM you will need a variety of other tools some integrated into the proverbial swiss-army knife toolsets like ettercap and dsniff and others as individual tools. ... For example SSL MITM requires arpsoof(or some arp cache poisoning tool), dnsspoof, webmitm, a sniffing tool like Ethereal and finally ssldump. ... You have an option to go with a managed service or an enterprise software. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] Python ssl handling could be better...
      ... I hear the blackhats cackle as you switch to telnet. ... please remember that to execute a MITM you actually have to be in the ... DNS cache poisoning ... note that MitM is precisely one of the types of attacks ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Somebody is keep trying to ssh into my systems, how can I stop that?
      ... is pretty much like quoting out of context, ... He is asking for protection ... that situation AND against buffer overflow attacks (something that openSSH ... MITM attacks somehow reduces the credibility in addressing the issue raised ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)