Re: QPopper 4.0.x buffer overflow vulnerability

From: Randall Gellens (rg_public.1@flagg.qualcomm.com)
Date: 03/12/03

    Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:05:51 -0800
    To: Florian Heinz <heinz@cronon-ag.de>, bugtraq@securityfocus.com
    From: Randall Gellens <rg_public.1@flagg.qualcomm.com>

    The first I heard of the problem was this morning. Was any notice
    sent to qpopper-bugs@qualcomm.com or qpopper-patches@qualcomm.com in
    advance of the posting here? If so, please let me know the details
    so I can see what happened to the message. If not, I'd like to know
    why.

    A fixed Qpopper (version 4.0.5fc2) is available now at
    <ftp://ftp.qualcomm.com/eudora/servers/unix/popper/beta/>. I plan on
    releasing 4.0.5 final tomorrow unless I hear of any problems with
    4.0.5fc2.

    --
    Randall Gellens
    rg_public.1@flagg.qualcomm.com

    • Re: top post fixer?
      ... "Don't bother me with facts", that is fanaticism. ... As many of us have pointed out, bottom posting is no better than top ... It is pointing out that if they want to speak in public they ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Curious message?
      ... I'm posting to hear if anyone has come across the like of it. ... "We regret to inform you that...." ... "Press One to speak to our Security Departament." ... I suspect the speaker was an english second ...
      (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
    • Re: Blackmailer and Castro apologist Dan Christensen: exposing the lies including his lie the Cuban
      ... You have been posting as "Dan Christensen" for 13 years and you are ... US provided in 2008 about a third of imported food in Cuba: ... The facts on Cuba's agriculture: ... THE STANDARD REPLY TO DAN'S LIES AND PERSONAL INSULTS. ...
      (soc.culture.cuba)
    • Re: Troll: jda
      ... OldGoat wrote: ... This new clown is obviously only in to his own fiction and is not going to hard documented facts get in the way of his delusions. ... I thought about it b4 posting this but I also thought ... we seem to have picked up another obvious troll! ...
      (alt.support.chronic-pain)