Re: [VSA0307] Battlefield 1942 remote DoS

From: VOID.AT Security (asdf@asdf.com)
Date: 02/27/03

    From: "VOID.AT Security" <asdf@asdf.com>
    To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:37:57 +0100

    > Overview
    > ========
    >
    > By sending a specially crafted packet to the bf1942-server
    > remote administration port, an attacker can cause the server
    > to crash.

    After getting some reports, it seems that only servers
    running on Windows XP are vulnerable. Can someone
    confirm this?

    greuff

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Hvy Plastic 2 --- Plastic Explosives
      ... Wednesday's update fell victim to a server crash, ... The nuke fest was not a satisfying ending after investing ... The player triggering this crash gets spared the mine damage for his ...
      (rec.games.empire)
    • Cancel IO problems on Server 2003
      ... I have an old monolithic driver that works OK on NT 4.0 and Win 2000 ... I have included a crash dump. ... An API library ... This all works OK on NT 4.0, Win2k and also 2003 Server. ...
    • RE: Exchange backup on SBS2003 crashes server
      ... After the crash, no server resources are available on ... The log created by the backup is completely empty. ... I understand the server usual crashed during ... these libraries. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Multiple vulnerabilities in Babo Violent 2 2.08.00
      ... C] crash through unexistent map ... D] crash through malformed UDP packet ... B and C versus server ... Both the servers and the clients open another port other than 3333 ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • [Full-disclosure] Multiple vulnerabilities in Babo Violent 2 2.08.00
      ... C] crash through unexistent map ... D] crash through malformed UDP packet ... B and C versus server ... Both the servers and the clients open another port other than 3333 ...
      (Full-Disclosure)