CISCO as5350 crashes with nmap connect scan

From: Thomas Munn (munn@bigfoot.com)
Date: 10/28/02

Date: 28 Oct 2002 16:53:45 -0000
From: Thomas Munn <munn@bigfoot.com>
To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com

I have managed to "reduplicate" at least five times the
following scenario with a cisco as5250, with firmwrare
12.2 (11t) release firmware of cisco:

nmap -dinsane -p 1-65535 ip.of.as5350 This causes a
"hard" lockup, and the device must be powered off in
order to have functionality restored to it.

Mentioned to PSIRT at cisco, they didn't do anything.

Sincerely,

Thomas J. Munn

Relevant Pages

  • Cisco IP phone 7960 problems
    ... Have a Cisco SIP IP phone model 7960 with firmware version 7.5. ... does Cisco provide sample files with config info. ... information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: FreeBSD: Failover PPPoE -> ISDN
    ... >> und eine unsupportete Firmware lösen (Switch da nur ein Ethernetport, ... Das einzige was ich bisher gefunden hatte war ein Cisco 80x ISDN-Router, ... Next by Date: ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.bsd)
  • Re: ADSL interface attenuation
    ... I didn't know that Zyxel routers do have a "time range based ACL" ... informations I found on Cisco docs. ... My DSL firmware is 3.0.014; It's the release embedded with my IOS. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: question on captive portal
    ... I am thinking along the lines of cisco aironet devices. ... All the articles are based on alternative firmware for the Linksys ... spot that are most commonly based on these hardware platforms. ... Cisco wireless is a different animal. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: an driver / Cisco Aironet 340 stopped working
    ... > I've used my Cisco WLAN with Toshiba Portege 3440 couple years but now ... Have you got recent firmware on the cisco card? ... driver will "helpfully" upgrade it for you silently. ...
    (freebsd-current)