ALERT: Xitami 2.5b5

From: Matthew Murphy (mattmurphy@kc.rr.com)
Date: 06/14/02

From: "Matthew Murphy" <mattmurphy@kc.rr.com>
To: <bugtraq@securityfocus.com>, "SecurITeam News" <news@securiteam.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:22:21 -0500

I have notified iMatix via support@xitami.com of multiple
flaws in the GSL templates of Xitami 2.5 Beta. The e-mail
was sent out today, so I will release technical details later
on, but I did want to release a workaround:

In defaults.cfg, users can set "use-error-script" in the "[Server]"
section to "0". This will disable the vulnerable GSL script and
secure your server. Users who have not installed the Beta
should wait until a fix is available.

Xitami has no security contact, so I decided to publish this
workaround to avoid exploits of this bug. In my message to
the company (iMatix) I told them that if no reply was received
in 7 days, I would publish full details.