Avirt 4.2 question

From: nicolas brulez (brulez@cartel-securite.fr)
Date: 02/20/02

Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:24:39 +0100
From: nicolas brulez <brulez@cartel-securite.fr>
To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com

Hello,

I have seen 2 advisories for avirt 4.2 gateway.
Did they patch it without modifying the version ?
I tried the proof of concept exploit and it did nothing but close the
server.
I wanted to trigger the buffer overflow on the web server too, in order
to write a proof of concept exploit
but my attempts did nothhing but close the server again.. (something
like 4000 chars)
I never managed to overwrite my EIP.(or doesn't it crash when you do it ? )
I was wondering if they patched it in a dodgy way ?
Sorry if it is not the good place for such a post ;-)

Best Regards,

Nicolas Brulez
Cartel-Securite.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: IPNAT / IPF / rdr issue
    ... All your clients are on the LAN behind the gateway correct. ... > request has to go to your ISP DNS server to get your public ip ... > block out log first quick on dc0 all ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • NetDiag Default Gateway Error -->DcDiag Advertising Error
    ... NetDiag Default Gateway Error -->DcDiag Advertising Error ... I'm having problems with time sync in my AD. Server which should be time ... Starting test: CrossRefValidation ...
  • Re: 5.3-RELEASE: WARNING - WRITE_DMA interrupt timout
    ... My problem is not related to a SATA controller. ... Everything works pretty well on this server. ... the qmail MTA, an otherwise pretty powerful email program. ... I'm going to apply a patch to qmail in a few days. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Default Gateway on VPN subnets
    ... Now I understand that you are using the TZ170 VPN routers to establish the ... Once the default gateway of the remote 2003 server was automatically ... to access the internet or the SBS network? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: ISA 2004 Firewall Client and ActiveSync 4.2
    ... at home in my WLAN all internet ... that killing my default gateway is not the way ... gateway and the appropriate DNS server entries. ... server internal IP then your client works as a secureNAT client and you're ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.clients)