Published Report of Vulnerability in Lucent VitalSuite Software

From: Richard Hafner (rhafner@lucent.com)
Date: 02/05/02

From: Richard Hafner <rhafner@lucent.com>
To: "'bugtraq@securityfocus.com'" <bugtraq@securityfocus.com>, "'mhedgson@securityfocus.com, artwong@securityfocus.com'" <bugtraq@securityfocus.com,>, "'info@metasecuritygroup.com'" <info@metasecuritygroup.com>, "'jaeger@metragroup.com'" <jaeger@metragroup.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:25:41 -0600

Several Lucent VitalSuite Customers have advised us that data published by
Security Focus and DefenseOne Command Center (which we believe is operated
by the Meta Security Group) indicates that certain Lucent VitalSuite
software products contain a security vulnerability.

We have analyzed that information and provided a software patch that we
believe will assist customers in addressing this issue; we also prepared the
attached Security Bulletin to advise them of Lucent recommendations and
actions we have taken.

Since we believe you are also communicating with our customers on this
matter, we have provided you a copy of the same bulletin.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Richard Hafner
Lucent Technologies
VitalNet PM
VitalSoft Division
328 Gibraltar Drive
Bldg 2
Sunnyvale CA 94089
(650) 318-1324 Phone
(650) 318-1718 Fax

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Security dumming down - the kings clothes
    ... these networks we have: "it's a trifle chaotic out there". ... responsible for the security portion of this overall process our ... me that our greatest weakness as an industry is not that our customers are ... >>marketing or rhetoric PhD. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: How do you monetize your skills?
    ... organizations that were dedicate on only the Information Security ... In sales you'll learn that customers that "want" your product/service ... market customer to reach in all of marketing/advertising. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Data Center Theft
    ... went wrong, change security and procedures. ... NOT lie to your customers, and put them in the positions that CI Host ... So how is it possible that the facility has been robbed ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Security and Contingency Planning
    ... Subject: Security and Contingency Planning ... > Hypothetical Situation: ... scenarios should a healthcare provider actually loose data to data theft, ... angles (current customers, former customers, medical staff, union ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Linux on military aircraft
    ... Internet so that ... threading security can review it to see if there are any holes. ... And customers want to head from their vendor when they ... Banks had 0 experience in modern technology, ...
    (comp.os.vms)