Re: DoS bug on Tru64

From: Scott Brewster (ScottBrewster@firsthealth.com)
Date: 01/31/02

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:33:08 -0700
From: "Scott Brewster" <ScottBrewster@firsthealth.com>
To: bobdog@drunk.co.nz, bugtraq@securityfocus.com

I ran the nmap command listed below against one of my 5.1 systems. It
didnt seem to have caused any problems. Not only could I still make
connections, the existing connections continued to function normally (no
freeze-ups). I wouldnt call this a conclusive test, but my system didnt
suffer any ill effects.

scott

--- ellipse <elliptic@cipherpunks.com> wrote:
>> Today we were using nmap to scan our network and when we scanned
our
>> Tru64 machines, telnet and ftp froze and timed out. We could not
make
>> any connections to those ports and existing connections froze. New
>> connections were denied for about a minute after the scan was
finished.
>> I've checked with Compaq and on Securityfocus and neither place has
any
>> knowledge of this.
>[...]
>> nmap -T Polite -O -p 23,139 -oM /tmp/lst 'xxx.xxx.16-44.*'
>
>Why does this sound so familiar? Would this not be an issue with
inetd?

Support for 4.0D went away as of about September of '01.
Does anyone know if this is an issues with 5.1?
Have no box that I want to test this with.

Visit these sites today
Blink 182 Fan Site - www.blink182.co.nz
NZ Skateboarding - www.nzskate.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DoS bug on Tru64
    ... telnet and ftp froze and timed out. ... >> any connections to those ports and existing connections froze. ... Blink 182 Fan Site - www.blink182.co.nz ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • RE: DoS bug on Tru64
    ... I ran the nmap command listed below against one of my 5.1 systems. ... connections, the existing connections continued to function normally (no ... telnet and ftp froze and timed out. ... Blink 182 Fan Site - www.blink182.co.nz ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: crimp connections for 110v wiring
    ... yes...I believe I stated in my post that "all" electrical connections ... time...but the fact remains that with solid wire a screw terminal will ... I see wire connections everyday where someone didnt get ... and the person doing the work either didnt care or didnt know... ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: DoS bug on Tru64
    ... > Tru64 machines, telnet and ftp froze and timed out. ... > any connections to those ports and existing connections froze. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • DoS bug on Tru64
    ... Today we were using nmap to scan our network and when we scanned our ... telnet and ftp froze and timed out. ... any connections to those ports and existing connections froze. ...
    (Bugtraq)