RE: Microsoft IE cookies readable via about: URLS

From: Oliver Petruzel (opetruzel@cox.rr.com)
Date: 11/10/01

From: "Oliver Petruzel" <opetruzel@cox.rr.com>
To: <bugtraq@securityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Microsoft IE cookies readable via about: URLS
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:20:29 -0500

> Jouko Pynnonen <jouko@solutions.fi> wrote:
>
> > Microsoft Internet Explorer has a vulnerability which allows a
> > malicious website to access any cookie in the browser's memory or

This brings to mind a question: has anyone collected a list of the most
revealing KNOWN cookies in the wild? Is there a resource (site)
available with a list for me to use in order to perhaps blacklist the
URL's personally? I often find myself studying my local cookies and
have noticed repeat offenders from very popular sites that I avoid now
because of this; and I believe such a public list would serve as a way
to prevent cookies from becoming too powerful or revealing. A cookie
reporting service possibly. Anyone with a link for this if it already
exists or with the energy to compile it yourself, go for it, and plz let
us know.

Oliver

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cookies issues again!
    ... Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+ ... Select "Internet Options" from the Tools menu. ... you can turn the blocking of Cookies on or off so it might be worth taking a look at your firewall settings. ... Like yahoo for example. ...
  • Unable to access secure sites
    ... I have the same exact problem and I just put in a ... posting, please let me know if anyone provides you with a ... >go to Security and turn on COOKIES. ... >Microsoft Internet Explorer area. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Unable to access secure sites
    ... I have tried Dell and they cannot fix it. ... I called my bank, and she had her computer and asked me to ... go to Security and turn on COOKIES. ... Microsoft Internet Explorer area. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: GetClub.com Web site design
    ... since my browser ... means the Cookies are not allowed for GetClub.com website. ... Click on the arrow next to "Privacy & Security" in the scrolling ... Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+ ...
    (rec.games.chess.misc)
  • Re: Microsoft IE cookies readable via about: URLS
    ... Subject: Microsoft IE cookies readable via about: URLS ... > This brings to mind a question: has anyone collected a list of the most ... > to prevent cookies from becoming too powerful or revealing. ... > reporting service possibly. ...
    (Bugtraq)