Re: CR vs. CoreBuilder

From: randy (randy@eccs-com.net)
Date: 08/06/01

Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 20:46:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: randy <randy@eccs-com.net>
To: terry white <twhite@aniota.com>
Subject: Re: CR vs. CoreBuilder

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, terry white wrote:

> on "8-5-2001" "John Nemeth" writ:
>
> : I have a 3Com CoreBuilder 3500 running software version 2.1.0 that
> : has been falling over a lot over the last few days.
>
> : NOTE: I don't have any proof that it is CodeRed that is causing the
> : CoreBuilder to fall over, but it is highly likely.
>
> ... i've noticed a similar problem with a cisco 675 ADSL router. in
> particular, i've had to do a cold boot three (3) times 'since' the CR-II
> attack started. i had disabled the web command interface, and checking
> revealed that still the case.
>
> what i did however, was to assign a port other than the default
> (sorry) of '80'. the device has been up 21 hours, despite an order of
> magnitude greater CR-II attempts. my server is not published, but in the
> last 5 days, i've seen 22, 25, 25, 47, and 60 (so far today: ~16:00 PDT)
> events ...

I have a very similar problem as well. I have a Cisco 675 and it has been
crashing all weekened. I was running CBOS 2.20 and recently upgraded to
2.4.2 but it failed again after the upgrade. I have hit seven power
cycles this weekend alone. I have also changed the port number to see if
it makes any difference. It is a great suggestion. I tried a simple
telnet to the router and noticed that even with the web interface disabled
it still responds at the lower level. What I mean is that if the port
number is set to 80 and I do a "telnet routeraddress 80" I get back a

Connected to routeraddress.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

But if I move the port the web interface is set to then the response on
port 80 is different. It will just time out with no response at all.

A note on the CBOS versions. When the unit crashed with 2.2.0 it would
not respond at all on the serial interface. With 2.4.2 it will respond
with a debug prompt "=>".

Randy

Relevant Pages

  • Re: CR vs. CoreBuilder
    ... CoreBuilder to fall over, ... i've noticed a similar problem with a cisco 675 ADSL router. ... was to assign a port other than the default ... But if I move the port the web interface is set to then the response on ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Cisco 760
    ... you've enabled PAT using "SET IP PAT ON" then tried using ... I was not aware of a web interface. ... > set ip pat port ... How are you configuring the router, via the web interface or the>> CLI? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: i have a mac and want to remotely access a windows xp computer
    ... OS/X (and maybe ... >used the web interface with VNC, ... the router. ... port 5800, TCP ...
  • Re: How to forward the port from the router to the external NIC of
    ... > Forwarding a port is an operation done in the router configuration. ... there is a web interface where you can specify a port and the IP ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Using Remote Desktop From an SBS Domain
    ... when you tried to RDP while attached directly to a port on your router? ... So if 3389 needs forwarded on the client end too then that is what the ... Hopefully next week I can attempt a connection while my ISP watches the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)