Re: Two birds with one worm.

From: Chris Green (cmg_at_uab.edu)
Date: 07/19/01

Vision Net Administration <aaron_at_visn.net> writes:

> 3Com lanmodems, single channel are affected by this as well.

Common problems everywhere, Gotten lots of reports of HP4000's
(JetDirect J311A Rev G.05.35 for 1 example) 's have been going belly
up on this worm and switching to a register dump webpage.

--
Chris Green <cmg_at_uab.edu>
A good pun is its own reword.

Relevant Pages

  • Can not successfully remove msblast on win 2000 using recommended cleaning tools
    ... I was infected by msblast which Mcafee identified as ... or worm processes where active. ... I cancel the log reports MBLAST.EXE and TFTP identified, ... downloading the SP updates for Win2K (I believe a symptom ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Our sumary of the NIMDA (CV) worm
    ... The Concept Validation worm also known as Nimda was ... We are not sure of the initial infection binary for. ... asked us whether we wanted to execute or save. ... There are reports that there are trojaned versions of riched20.dll ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Crap AV detection results
    ... anti-malware packages *still* don't recognize it, ... Would you please post a reply with the reported identityof the worm ... Pete here are the before and after reports from VirusTotal: ... Conficker is identified as /any/ of the A, ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: security flaws in phpBB
    ... > The reports were very confusing. ... I've saved the worm source and yet to analyze the stuff. ... <?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Crap AV detection results
    ... anti-malware packages *still* don't recognize it, ... Would you please post a reply with the reported identityof the worm ... Pete here are the before and after reports from VirusTotal: ... packers: Unicode ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)