Re: slow ssh response time

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Viewing the users (which was me from different PCs) logging in through
sshd with Logwatch, I noticed that all PCs except the one in my office
had a domain name.
So I created a domain name using dynDNS for that PC at work and now
the password prompt when sshing into the PC at home
from the PC at work is instant!

I don't understand though why this worked, because I had set "UseDNS
no" in my openSSH server at home.

Mike

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Automatic start and log in of networked conmputers.
    ... This leads to users spending time each morning starting ... their systems and logging and filtering the overnight spam. ... My company, with many tens of thousands of PCs, also highly ... info security job, I don't know why one would want to auto-logon ...
  • Re: Automatic Login
    ... Some of my users' PCs are ... logging on automatically without requiring the ctrl-alt-del and ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: 16GB IDE Flash Drive / solid state
    ... Thanks for your input Bob. ... Write/Erase Cycles:>1,000,000 cycles ... With normal logging turned on, my PCs do>1M writes per day. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • xpctarget becomes unpingable
    ... I already disabled the Host-target communication, disabled all scopes and logging. ... I also tried several different PCs with the same model but different hardware always leading to the same behavior. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Login Same User on Multiple Machines from just one machine
    ... I still need to figure out how to login on several PCs ... >> logging off of one PC all of the PCs assigned to that user should log ... > target machine. ...