changing forwarded agent socket path (openssh 5.4)
- From: Igor Bukanov <igor@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 23:22:22 +0200
when I forward a ssh agent to a remote host the corresponding socket
path on the host looks looks like (I use OpenSSH_5.4p1):
Is there a way to replace that with a predefined path?
The reason I need this is that on that host I use a screen program.
The shells running under the screen when I attach to it do not know
about the new socket. They inherit the environment when the screen has
started, not when the connection is made.
To workaround that when I connect I create a symlink like
$HOME/forwarded_agent_socket that points to the real socket and set
SSH_AUTH_SOCK to $HOME/forwarded_agent_socket. That works but it would
be nice if I could avoid this symlink and just make sure that sshd
uses $HOME/forwarded_agent_socket directly.
- Prev by Date: Re: openssh/x.509/pkcs11
- Next by Date: Unix (pam) authorization with required public key
- Previous by thread: openssh/x.509/pkcs11
- Next by thread: Unix (pam) authorization with required public key