Re: ssh-agent, PKCS#12, and Subversion

On Fri, May 28, 2010 13:56, Steven Collins wrote:
That is correct. Here is an example of what I'm getting:

$ ssh-add svnCertificate.p12
Enter passphrase for svnCertificate.p12:
Bad passphrase, try again for svnCertificate.p12:
Bad passphrase, try again for svnCertificate.p12:
Bad passphrase, try again for svnCertificate.p12: ^C

$ cd ~/workingDir

svn ls .
Passphrase for '/home/username/.subversion/svnCertificate.p12':
BC.c
Debug32/

What happens when you do this?

$ ssh-add /home/username/.subversion/svnCertificate.p12

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
James B. Byrne mailto:ByrneJB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Defering passphrase entry with ssh-add
    ... I'm not aware of any technical reason why ssh-add couldn't defer requesting a password until its required. ... Yes which is why you only check/run it when ssh is used. ... until it determined it needed your passphrase. ... Again, ssh-agent works for me across all terminals as well as just in X, it's ssh-add you are talking about here which is ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Defering passphrase entry with ssh-add
    ... reason why ssh-add couldn't defer requesting a password until its ... until it determined it needed your passphrase. ... Also, how would ssh know if you didn't have a key for this connection, ... you can delay typing your passphrase, which you're going to need to ...
    (SSH)
  • anyone using ssh-3.2.9.1 non-commercial with unstable?
    ... Before, I would run ssh-add from a konsole shell, and it ... would ask for a passphrase from stdin. ... I suppose there is a script somewhere that runs ssh-askpass program in a ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Putty: PSFTP connection without password prompt (CORRECT VERSION)
    ... > can have your startup scripts automatically run `ssh-add mykeyfile'. ... and you must arrange for your batch jobs to find the agent. ... you would have to include the key passphrases in the script. ... script to type in the passphrase. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: anyone using ssh-3.2.9.1 non-commercial with unstable?
    ... > server at Suffolk (our sysadmin there likes it). ... and it would ask for a passphrase from stdin. ... > pass it back to ssh-add ...
    (Debian-User)