Re: Returned post for secureshell@securityfocus.com

This worked, thanks a lot! :)

On 20 Apr 2010, at 10:23, Salvador Fandino wrote:

On 04/19/2010 03:16 PM, Jannik Sundø wrote:
Hi all,

I'm writing a script which will log into a list of servers if they have public/private keypairs set up. If a server doesn't, I want the script to move on to the next server rather than wait at a password prompt.

I'm using OpenSSH version 5.1p1 Debian-5, OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007 on both client and server.

I'm using this command:

ssh root@IP -o PasswordAuthentication=no KbdInteractiveAuthentication=no

This works for most servers, but not all (on some of them the script halts at a password prompt). I suspect those servers may run an older version of SSH which doesn't support the options I'm providing. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Jannik

try

ssh root@IP -o PreferredAuthentications=publickey $command

- Salva

Jannik Sundø
Junior Network Engineer
Sohonet Limited http://www.sohonet.co.uk
Registered no. 3132110 England/Wales
t: +44 (0)20 7292 6900
f: +44 (0)20 7292 6901

24/7 support:
UK: +44 (0)20 7292 6909
US: +001 310 449 8610
AU: 1800 77 5280

The information in this email may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any copying, dissemination or other use by any person other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. Thank you.