Re: Returned post for secureshell@securityfocus.com

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 02:16:46PM +0100, Jannik Sundø wrote:
I'm writing a script which will log into a list of servers if they
have public/private keypairs set up. If a server doesn't, I want the
script to move on to the next server rather than wait at a password
prompt.

I'm using this command:
ssh root@IP -o PasswordAuthentication=no KbdInteractiveAuthentication=no

Found elsewhere on the web and modified.... in bash,

( ssh root@IP -o PasswordAuthentication=no KbdInteractiveAuthentication=no
) & sleep 5 ; kill $!

Assuming whatever you're doing on the list of servers will take 5 seconds
to complete and continue.. if not, replace the 5 in the sleep with however
long it will take to complete the task.

If it hangs at a password prompt, it'll only hang for the sleep timer and
then continue on.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Proxy Authentication
    ... Both the old and new server have only one NIC and we only ... >> trouble getting authentication to work like in Proxy 2.0. ... >> allowed to browse through the proxy server. ... I would also like this prompt to be able to handle an expired ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.clients)
  • Re: msf > use auxiliary/scanner/vnc/vnc_login
    ... I decided to test Metasploit against an open VNC ... After entering at the msf prompt: ... I never get my prompt back. ... If the vnc server rejects the ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: So Im still experiencing login prompts when accessing free/busy.
    ... I know it is a while since you put this post in but I wondered if you ever managed to get past the prompt when scheduling for external users. ... I then brought up a separate 2008 server, ... When I open Outlook 2007 for the first time after setting up the Exchange ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Prompts for username and password
    ... We have built a new webserver with Windows Server 2003/IIS 6.0. ... We have the default web site set for anonymous authentication. ... password protected area is going to prompt for credentials. ...
  • Re: Cant delete an old domain controller
    ... I'm running ntdsutil and believe that I have found that at the ntdsutil ... prompt, I need to: ... Metadata cleanup ... Whenever I remove a computer, especially a server, should it be ...