Having problems with X11 forwarding from F-Secure clients to OpenSSH servers

I already posted this to comp.security.ssh, so if it's a duplicate, my
apologies.

I'm in the midst of migrating my environment (mostly Linux machines)
from F-Secure to OpenSSH, and I'm having some trouble getting the
X11forwarding working properly. Specifically, X11 forwarding from
F-Secure clients to OpenSSH servers. OpenSSH->OpenSSH works fine, as
does F-Secure->F-Secure. OpenSSH client with an F-Secure server works
as well. But when I try an F-Secure client connecting to an OpenSSH
server, my DISPLAY variable is not getting set.

on the OpenSSH system:
ssh -V output: OpenSSH_5.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8h 28 May 2008

in /etc/ssh/ssd_config:
X11Forwarding yes
AcceptEnv LANG LC_CTYPE LC_NUMERIC LC_TIME LC_COLLATE
LC_MONETARY LC_MESSAGES
AcceptEnv LC_PAPER LC_NAME LC_ADDRESS LC_TELEPHONE
LC_MEASUREMENT
AcceptEnv LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_ALL DISPLAY

in /etc/ssh/ssh_config:
ForwardX11 yes

on the F-Secure system:
ssh -V output: ssh: F-Secure SSH 3.3.2 (build 21) on
i686-pc-linux-gnu

in /etc/ssh2/sshd2_config:
AllowX11Forwarding yes
SettableEnvironmentVars
LANG,LC_ALL|COLLATE|CTYPE|MONETARY|NUMERIC|TIME),PATH,TERM,TZ,DISPLAY

in /etc/ssh2/ssh2_config:
ForwardX11 yes

Nothing in the local user's .ssh or .ssh2 configs overrides these
settings.

I know that Agent forwarding does not work between F-Secure and OpenSSH
due to a proprietary protocol used by F-Secure. Is this the case for
X11 forwarding as well? Am I missing something else?

Thanks!

Brian Merkel

Relevant Pages

  • X11 forwarding from F-Secure client to OpenSSH server
    ... Specifically, X11 forwarding from F- ... Secure clients to OpenSSH servers. ... But when I try an F-Secure client connecting to an OpenSSH ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • FSecure to OpenSSH - Public Key Authentication
    ... Converting Keys of F-SECURE to connect with machines OPENSSH ... On the local machine where F-SECURE is installed ... On the Remote machine convert the copied ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • RE: F-Secure client talking to OpenSSH server
    ... are not compatible but you should be able to convert the public key to ... an OpenSSH compatible format. ... F-Secure client talking to OpenSSH server ... I need to let one server running Solaris 5.6 and F-Secure SSH 3.0.1 ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: SSH 1.2.33
    ... I'm thinking of switching to that though as OpenSSH is too ... lack of openness and actual development, OpenSSH is miles ahead. ... OpenSSH's bugs get corrected very quickly, ... bugs that existed in the F-Secure release long, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Using public keys
    ... > requesting certificate-based authentication, which OpenSSH does not ... It appears that F-Secure tries to use certificate based ... authentication with a smart card. ... OpenSSH in the future? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)