Having problems with X11 forwarding from F-Secure clients to OpenSSH servers
- From: "MERKEL, Brian" <Brian.MERKEL@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:38:36 -0400
I already posted this to comp.security.ssh, so if it's a duplicate, my
I'm in the midst of migrating my environment (mostly Linux machines)
from F-Secure to OpenSSH, and I'm having some trouble getting the
X11forwarding working properly. Specifically, X11 forwarding from
F-Secure clients to OpenSSH servers. OpenSSH->OpenSSH works fine, as
does F-Secure->F-Secure. OpenSSH client with an F-Secure server works
as well. But when I try an F-Secure client connecting to an OpenSSH
server, my DISPLAY variable is not getting set.
on the OpenSSH system:
ssh -V output: OpenSSH_5.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8h 28 May 2008
AcceptEnv LANG LC_CTYPE LC_NUMERIC LC_TIME LC_COLLATE
AcceptEnv LC_PAPER LC_NAME LC_ADDRESS LC_TELEPHONE
AcceptEnv LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_ALL DISPLAY
on the F-Secure system:
ssh -V output: ssh: F-Secure SSH 3.3.2 (build 21) on
Nothing in the local user's .ssh or .ssh2 configs overrides these
I know that Agent forwarding does not work between F-Secure and OpenSSH
due to a proprietary protocol used by F-Secure. Is this the case for
X11 forwarding as well? Am I missing something else?
- Prev by Date: ssh frozen display - maybe missing responses
- Next by Date: Re: [Suspected Spam]any way to provide the ssh password from a file ?
- Previous by thread: ssh frozen display - maybe missing responses
- Next by thread: Re: [Suspected Spam]any way to provide the ssh password from a file ?