Re: Storing keys on LDAP server?

On Feb 17, 2010, at 5:32 PM, Jon Price wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to store the keys in authorized_keys file on an LDAP
Directory Server rather than locally in the .ssh subdir under home
directory?
If so, how to go about setting this up?

And pros/cons regarding the method?

Solaris 10/OpenSSH latest, Sun Directory Server....

Thanks,
Jon

I am not sure if you are doing anything specific, but you may want to look at LDAP/Kerberos/SSO.

Relevant Pages

  • Storing keys on LDAP server?
    ... Is it possible to store the keys in authorized_keys file on an LDAP ... Directory Server rather than locally in the .ssh subdir under home ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: LDAP Client Setup on Solaris 8
    ... LDAP servers etc. ... directory server, and SunONE directory server doesn't need read access for ... The native AIX LDAP client upto and including AIX 5.2 do need ... "<attribute2 you choose>" with the value of the DN of the proxyagent-account ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: adding entries using jndi
    ... i went through couple of tutorials which mentioned that JNDI is like ... i beilieve netscape ldap sdk is one such ... because from the tutorials it appeared as if they were only interfaces ... You may want to store phone numbers for all your users. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • RE: LDAP in Unix
    ... Subject: LDAP in Unix ... Solaris and AIX. ... If you want to limit which hosts a user can access, ... I would like to use Sun ONE Directory server and centralise the user ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: Buying Keys from Blizzard?
    ... Battlechest which has up to BC and another $40 for WotLK. ... point I can justify passing the store for the deal but if Blizz is ... DVD keys or buy the DVD keys from Blizzard. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)