From: Amit Uttamchandani <amit.uttam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/14/2009 05:23 PM
Subject: SSH Fingerprint
Sent by: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

There is a remote box (an embedded system running a proprietary ssh
server) that I log in to for the first time and it generates a key for
acceptance. That is all good. However, every time the network admin
resets the remote box to default configuration the key changes and I
have to manually edit the host file to remove the old key.

Resetting to default config on the box simply just restores the settings
to factory defaults.

Is this expected behavior? What defines a fingerprint?

Thanks,
Amit

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote Desktop Problem
    ... Here's the new configuration below...and when I try to change the Wan IP to ... Ethernet adapter Internal LAN: ... Connection-specific DNS Suffix. ... the firebox and then thru the Remote Desktop one day and the next day ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Joining Networks over the Internet with a Gateway to Gateway VPN - Loose Internet Browsing
    ... remote VPN clients. ... Gateway properly (all you know is that they can't use the ... >My Configuration: ... >can navigate in the Internet without problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Problem joining Windows domain from remote VPN/PPTP box
    ... server OK with administrator rights (configured via Routing and Remote ... On client there exists static route for remote network that points to ... following information can help you troubleshoot your DNS configuration. ...
  • Re: Anynet connection with different NetIDs
    ... OK for remote, but why for QAPPNLCL? ... configuration that does not work, have a coffee or whatever you want, ... Could you post the passthru command, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • Origo ASR-8100 ADSL router remote factory reset
    ... ADSL Showtime Firmware Version: 3.21 ... Remote ADSL reset and permanent denial of service attack ... A telnet-style configuration interface is left open to WAN interface on port ...
    (Bugtraq)