SSH Fingerprint

Hi,

There is a remote box (an embedded system running a proprietary ssh
server) that I log in to for the first time and it generates a key for
acceptance. That is all good. However, every time the network admin
resets the remote box to default configuration the key changes and I
have to manually edit the host file to remove the old key.

Resetting to default config on the box simply just restores the settings
to factory defaults.

Is this expected behavior? What defines a fingerprint?

Thanks,
Amit

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Passing custom exceptions server to client
    ... straight-forward.This definition exists in a common assembly; the server ... code throws an exception of this type and that works (is displayed ... then False is returned; passing False (remote) as ... the element of the application configuration file or set ...
  • Problem joining Windows domain from remote VPN/PPTP box
    ... server OK with administrator rights (configured via Routing and Remote ... On client there exists static route for remote network that points to ... following information can help you troubleshoot your DNS configuration. ...
  • SMTP cant send to multiple recipients
    ... Message delivery to the remote domain 'mybusiness.com' failed for the ... Default SMTP Server ... Access Tab: no Relay restrictions ... I set up the same configuration on aW2K3 server with IIS 6.0 at the same ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)
  • Re: Problem joining Windows domain from remote VPN/PPTP box
    ... There exists a DC Win 2003 Small Business Server box (also a VPN ... Remote box is connecting using PPTP to the ... LAN addresses for server and client hosts are in different networks ... configuration. ...
  • Re: Remote office logon script - Long Delay
    ... Windows IP Configuration ... If I point the User's profile to a script that doesn't contain the ... I do not have WINS configured for the remote site, ... This remote server was built using connect computer script, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)