Protecting a file in internal-sftp jail (chroot)

Hi all,

I made a jail using sftp-internal (Debian Lenny 5.0.3 / OpenSSH
5.1p1). I followed the steps found at
http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/590 and it is working
fine. But I have a little problem. I am using this process to give
access to users put files in directories into /var/www (Apache) and
each directory has a .htaccess to force a password to access from a
browser.

My problem is: the jail user can delete the .htaccess file and I need
to prevent it. But, in jail, the user has root power.

Final question: how to make to protect a file in a jail made using
internal-sftp?

Thanks a lot in advanced.

Regards,

Eriberto - Brazil

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Protecting a file in internal-sftp jail (chroot)
    ... I made a jail using sftp-internal (Debian Lenny 5.0.3 / OpenSSH ... the jail user can delete the .htaccess file and I need ... LinuXia Systems => http://www.linuxia.de/ ... Expert Interchange Consulting and System Administration ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Chroot Jail for SSH
    ... > Does anyone know how to JAIL an SSH and SFTP session to their home ... gets them out of the jail, ... published an updated patch for OpenSSH 3.0.2p1 (based on someone else's ...
    (comp.security.ssh)