get logged in username

Hi,

How can I get the logged in username under remote command execution? I
am using openssh version 4.0 under fedora core 4.

more explanation:
when I do "ssh admin@host", I can get the username "admin", by the
command "who -m", since there is tty which the username is assigned to
it. But suppose I want to execute a remote command "ssh admin@host
myprog", I want to get the username inside the myprog. The command
"who -m", doesn't work because no tty is created for the user.
How can I get the username in this case?

Regards,
--
__ \ /_\\_-//_ Mohsen Alimomeni

Relevant Pages

  • Re: get logged in username
    ... How can I get the logged in username under remote command execution? ... am using openssh version 4.0 under fedora core 4. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: get logged in username
    ... If you're using a bash script, you could use "id", which will return ... How can I get the logged in username under remote command execution? ... myprog", I want to get the username inside the myprog. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: get logged in username
    ... How can I get the logged in username under remote command execution? ... doesn't work because no tty is created for the user. ...
    (SSH)
  • ssh.com sshd 3.2.x, really enforcing sftp-only
    ... Using ssh.com's version 3.2 ssh server for Windows, ... actually prevent remote command execution. ... Using username "user". ...
    (SSH)
  • RE: get logged in username
    ... How can I get the logged in username under remote command execution? ... myprog", I want to get the username inside the myprog. ... doesn't work because no tty is created for the user. ...
    (SSH)