Re: Calling User Program

On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 13:39 +0200, Bill Eldridge wrote:
Alberto Mijares wrote:
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 6:41 PM, linux newbie<linux.newbie79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I am running sshd (version 5.2.p1) in my embedded platform and I can
succesfully login
from ssh client in remote host.

I like to do some modifications. i.e. After typing username and
password, I want to run a application program directly instead of
prompt. I like to know, which file has to be modified?

Thanks in Advance

For wide-system setting:

/etc/profile (sh & bash)

Per-user settings:

~/.profile (sh & bash)
~/.bash_profile (bash)

Regards

Alberto Mijares

You should be able to set universal or per-user commands
in the sshd config file if I remember correctly, possibly a
simpler and more appropriate way to handle this, depending
on the type of command. (You might have to inform your
ssh client whether to grab a pty or not.)

Just modify the users shell in /etc/passwd to the program you want to
run. You might have to also add the entry for your program
to /etc/shells or similar file showing your program as a valid "shell".

When the program exits, the user is disconnected.

Also, beware that your distro might have a tool used to edit the passwd,
if it does, you should use that.

HTH
~k

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Calling User Program
    ... Alberto Mijares wrote: ... I am running sshd in my embedded platform and I can ... from ssh client in remote host. ... /etc/profile (sh & bash) ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Calling User Program
    ... from ssh client in remote host. ... For wide-system setting: ... /etc/profile (sh & bash) ...
    (SSH)