Re: tunnel between two debian hosts not working not working

Are you trying to make the tunnel as root?

Kosala

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Clayton<ckoeni@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi openssh,

I live in China and have a server in the US. I have been using an SSH
tunnel for web browsing to go around the censorship.

I am able to successfully proxy through an ssh tunnel to a shell
account on a US-based hosting service where I have some websites.
However, my own server does not work. (Even odder, I swear it worked the
first day I tried it, then it stopped working without any configuration
change on either end. I challenged the provider of my data center, and
they said "we are not blocking you".)

In the attached text file is a log of my initial connection, which ends
with

"debug1: Entering interactive session."

then an attempt to browse to a web site which fails with

"channel 1: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed"

I repeat, the same ssh client works with another server, and even this
failing server worked the first day I tried it.

Any clues to what may be going wrong?

Thanks,
Clayton

--
Kosala
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this mail are my personal views and