Re: tunnel between two debian hosts not working not working

Are you trying to make the tunnel as root?

Kosala

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Clayton<ckoeni@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi openssh,

I live in China and have a server in the US. I have been using an SSH
tunnel for web browsing to go around the censorship.

I am able to successfully proxy through an ssh tunnel to a shell
account on a US-based hosting service where I have some websites.
However, my own server does not work. (Even odder, I swear it worked the
first day I tried it, then it stopped working without any configuration
change on either end. I challenged the provider of my data center, and
they said "we are not blocking you".)

In the attached text file is a log of my initial connection, which ends
with

"debug1: Entering interactive session."

then an attempt to browse to a web site which fails with

"channel 1: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed"

I repeat, the same ssh client works with another server, and even this
failing server worked the first day I tried it.

Any clues to what may be going wrong?

Thanks,
Clayton

--
Kosala
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this mail are my personal views and

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What is The SSH?
    ... Building and Using SSH Tunnels ... What is an SSH tunnel? ... how to use it to make a connection to a server. ... You will need a working SSH client and server installation to build and test ...
  • Re: reverse shell session
    ... I want to open a session on a client that connects to my server and makes ... a tunnel. ... You may ask why i want to do that, well the remote machine is behind a ... You could run an ssh server on the machine that's behind the FW on some ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: "reverse" SOCKS with Putty
    ... I wish to make a tunnel in order to "forward" the LAN to my home ... there are no SSH servers on the network used to play at school. ... by the server to unilaterally set up forwarded connections, ... tunnels for your application in your SSH client. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Sound over ssh?
    ... There are of course, easier ways than to tunnel the stream using SSH, but I ... set up 'some kind' of server. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Tunneling SMTP Traffic Via SSH Question
    ... Since the server with ssh and the mail server seem to be the same, ... 127.0.0.1:25 as the tunnel destination. ... Tunneling SMTP Traffic Via SSH Question ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
    (Security-Basics)