Re: can sshclient execute a local command ?

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 12:16:46 -0500
Tim Walberg <twalberg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Perhaps this approaches what you're trying to do:

http://code.google.com/p/ssh-fwknop/

Thanks, a nice wrapper.
It will help me to a great extend.
many many thanks.

On 07/22/2009 22:21 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 01:27:14 -0430
Aar__n Mizrachi <unmanarc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Martes 21 Julio 2009 12:29:44 J. Bakshi escribi__:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I have openssh-client __1:5.1p1-5+b1 installed in my
> > debian box. I have remote ssh information stored in
> > my .ssh/config file. I have protected one remote ssh by
> > fwknop. When I need ssh login to that particular sever
> > I have to open the port with fwknop client installed in
> > my local box. Is there any option in sshclient so that
> > It can execute a local command ( here the fwknop
> > obviously ) before doing ssh to that remote server ?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> You can do something like that defining some alias
> on /etc/bashrc
>
> alias ssh="function dossh { fwknop -A \"tcp/22\" -s -D
> \$1; /usr/bin/ssh -l myuser \$1; }; dossh "
>
> Then: ssh myhost
>
> Moreover... for more complex expresion... you can add the
> user parameter as $2, add if's if you want, or even use
> the $@ and extract the hostname from the parameters to
> use it on fwknop and use the rest of the argument on -A
> and ssh command.

well, using the alias is a brilliant idea, but I have
multiple hosts and they have different fwknop encryption
password. That's why I stored all the server info
at .ssh/config file. It would be helpful if ssh can execute
local command for individual host prior to its connection
attempt.
End of included message

Relevant Pages