Re: need an efficient and secure sshd_config

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 13:01:15 -0400
Greg Wooledge <wooledg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:04:45AM -0700, Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:
The idle logout, isn't sshd. It is the shell. Look into the
"autologout" environment veriable for bash.

Many NAT firewalls also have a connection timeout that affects ssh
users. Setting the ServerAliveInternal (or the corresponding server
configuration option) allows persistent ssh connections through such
firewalls, which would otherwise expire idle connections.

matteo filippetto <matteo.filippetto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I need the configuration which actually suppress the hostname and
the domain/IP on client side. client will only be prompted for
password.

If I'm reading this right, you want the client to be able to reach
only one server. E.g., user types "go" and the "go" script runs
ssh someuser@xxxxxxxxx (which is a trivial script to write).

No server configuration option would be necessary or useful in that
case.

If you mean something else by "suppress the hostname and the domain/IP
on client side", then I don't understand the question.

Ok here is an example. Say there is a Host configuration as myserver in my .ssh/config file. Now if I do

```````````
# ssh myserver

username@xxxxxxxxxxxxx's password:
```````````````````

I like to suppress the information username@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and it should prompt only the password:
I like to know the configuration for both server side and clinet side to suppress the information; if any.

thanks

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Problems with passwordless ssh/scp (W2K client , Solaris 8 se rver).
    ... > configuration for the ssh client and server. ... > # This is the ssh client system-wide configuration file. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Problem with link aggregation + sshd
    ... What's the IP of the host you're trying ssh connections from? ... The problems start when I configure the 3 other nics for aggregation: ... I restart the server and the aggregation seems to work correctly, ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: Problem with link aggregation + sshd
    ... What's the IP of the host you're trying ssh connections from? ... The problems start when I configure the 3 other nics for aggregation: ... I restart the server and the aggregation seems to work correctly, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: ssh disconnecting [WAS: Getting Cut-Off]
    ... I left an SSH connection open to my server last night, ... after unexpecteded termination of previous connections. ... >>I didn't think my connection was idle since file transfer was occuring, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Port Forwarding -- Checking to be sure I understand it
    ... They run an ssh ... server and VNC service. ... If you want to run the tunnel over some port other than 22 (the ... restrictive firewalls that deny all incoming connections and block most ...
    (comp.security.ssh)