Re: need an efficient and secure sshd_config

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 13:01:15 -0400
Greg Wooledge <wooledg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:04:45AM -0700, Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:
The idle logout, isn't sshd. It is the shell. Look into the
"autologout" environment veriable for bash.

Many NAT firewalls also have a connection timeout that affects ssh
users. Setting the ServerAliveInternal (or the corresponding server
configuration option) allows persistent ssh connections through such
firewalls, which would otherwise expire idle connections.

matteo filippetto <matteo.filippetto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I need the configuration which actually suppress the hostname and
the domain/IP on client side. client will only be prompted for
password.

If I'm reading this right, you want the client to be able to reach
only one server. E.g., user types "go" and the "go" script runs
ssh someuser@xxxxxxxxx (which is a trivial script to write).

No server configuration option would be necessary or useful in that
case.

If you mean something else by "suppress the hostname and the domain/IP
on client side", then I don't understand the question.

Ok here is an example. Say there is a Host configuration as myserver in my .ssh/config file. Now if I do

# ssh myserver

username@xxxxxxxxxxxxx's password:

I like to suppress the information username@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and it should prompt only the password:
I like to know the configuration for both server side and clinet side to suppress the information; if any.

thanks