hanging problems with sshd openssh 5.
- From: Jeff Voskamp <javoskam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 18:49:20 -0400
We have built the last few versions of openssh for Solaris using the following config.
--without-egd-pool --without-prngd-port --without-prngd-socket
5.0 worked fine, but 5.1 and 5.2 sshd seems to hang when people do a paste of more than about 1k under vim.
We've also had some problems with 5.1 and 5.2 with a few programs that start up a remote program and chat with them - we get both sides waiting for the other to respond.
They all work fine with rsh or ssh as long as sshd isn't 5.1 or later.
Has anyone seen something like this?
Sample ssh_config and sshd_config file attached.
---snip sshd_config ---
# we're not using ipV6, but solaris offers it anyway (in all cases)
Subsystem sftp /software/ssh/maintenance/sftp-server
# to be pulled from previous incarnations and stashed above
# these are the defaults in case they weren't previously mentioned.
---snip ssh_config ---
# Site-wide defaults for various options
- Prev by Date: Detecting a Tunnel Over SSH?
- Next by Date: Re: need an efficient and secure sshd_config
- Previous by thread: Detecting a Tunnel Over SSH?
- Next by thread: authenticated, but no prompt