Re: Max connections per client?

2009/7/9 Jeremy C. Reed <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I thought I saw a patch or feature for an sshd for blocking max
connections per client, max failed authentication attempts per client,
and/or max authentication attempts per client . Does anyone know about
that?

Or do any less popular open source SSH servers provide that? (Keep counter
of connections, attempts, failures per client?)

Sorry,

those were information about client...

these are sshd options...

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=sshd_config

MaxAuthTries
Specifies the maximum number of authentication attempts permitted
per connection. Once the number of failures reaches half this
value, additional failures are logged. The default is 6.

MaxSessions
Specifies the maximum number of open sessions permitted per net-
work connection. The default is 10.

Bye
--
Matteo Filippetto

Relevant Pages

  • vpn clients cannot access internet
    ... Here are the commands I used to set up the pix for vpn connections: ... vpdn group 1 ppp authentication pap ... vpdn group 1 ppp authentication chap ... vpdn group 1 client configuration address local vpnpool ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Kerberos / IP address / event log
    ... IP address when a client connects. ... When connections are made by a ... > machines whose users have mistyped their passwords (authentication ... > machine from which a user is requesting a Kerberos ticket, ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Max connections per client?
    ... blocking max connections per client, ... authentication attempts per client, and/or max ... (Keep counter of connections, attempts, failures ...
    (SSH)
  • [Full-disclosure] [GOATSE SECURITY] Clench: Goatses way to say "screw you" to certificate author
    ... Application layer authentication-inherent validation of public key ... Goatse Security’s new simple password-based authentication mechanism ... getting hundreds of thousands or millions of users to install a client ... client hashes locally and then sends the hash to the server. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: for vpn connection
    ... See "man pppd". ... # Name of the local system for authentication purposes ... # TAG: option ... # Limits the number of client connections that may be accepted. ...
    (freebsd-questions)