Re: Restrict port forwarding on server

Adriana Rodean wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to restrict port forwarding on the server?
I want only port 8080 on the server to be available to clients.

Example when i give this command clients should be able to connect:
ssh -L 30300:localhost:8080 ....
When i give this for example clients should not be able to connect:
ssh -L 30300:localhost:4040 ....

I tried this option in config file of server:
PermitOpen localhost:8080
but even with it i could still connect to 4040 for example

That should work.

Which config file did you change? It should go in sshd_config and you need to restart sshd when you change that file.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remoting and COM+
    ... assembly contains two COM visible objects - one is trigger by a service to load a config file and start listening for remoting clients, the other is used in remoting calls. ... On one server, this is enough, and clients can create and make use of the remoted object. ... On another server, the remoting configuration object reports a successful start, but clients are unable to use the remoted object. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
  • Re: remoting cross platform compatibility
    ... I really had the idea that it would be possible to let my remoting ... acts as a server for underpowered clients ... > However, if you're thinking of using non-.NET clients, then I'd recommend ... >>what i exactly need to change in my server config file ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
  • Re: NTP: time not synchronized
    ... What does your clients' and server's config file contain? ... What does ntpq show you for both clients and server? ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: Remoting
    ... How I'm telling it what Channel (read port) to register ... Are the clients using the same? ... is there a config file on the server in which this service will only ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • RE: Users Cant Access Documents on Server
    ... Thanks for using the SBS newsgroup. ... As well as we know, if a workstation would not access network shares, then ... Leave the Default Gateway of the internal NIC blank of the server box. ... Clients That Require SMB Signing ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)