Re: openssh make FAILS, any idea, here's the error text
- From: Darren Tucker <dtucker@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 13:22:15 +1000
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 09:21:07PM -0500, Richard Francis wrote:
Thank you very much. While with the addition of $BLIBPATH did not work with
v3.9p1, it DID WORK with v5.2p1. Is an sshd daemon supposed to be running?
Running ssh at the cl simply returns its' help.
You'll need to start it (ie run /usr/sbin/sshd as root). It won't
restart on boot unless you add it to a startup script (eg /etc/rc.tcpip).
Another option is to build a .bff package (contrib/aix/buildbff.sh) then
use smit to install it (the postinstall script creates a SRC service
"sshd" which it sticks into rc.tcpip and you can also start and stop manually
with startsrc and stopsrc.
A third option is to use s sysV style startup script if you version has
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4 37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69
Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
usually comes from bad judgement.
- Prev by Date: Re: /var/log/messages internal-sftp time stamp problem
- Next by Date: The permission torture
- Previous by thread: /var/log/messages internal-sftp time stamp problem
- Next by thread: The permission torture