Does ChrootDirectory disable port forwarding?
What I am trying to accomplish:
* Chroot environment for file transfer isolation
* Port forwarding on specific ports to allow vnc to be used under uids
which are not allowed ssh access
Redhat Enterprise Linux (rhel5u3)
- Re: how to start up vncserver w/o login?
... without a user login? ... On the machine that acts as the vnc server I add a section in xorg.conf ... So in one terminal window I then: ... and this sets up the tunnel with port forwarding from local 55900 ...
- Re: Which flavor linux for dns?
... |> service running on the box, which would be on my site but maintained ... I only use VNC for dealing ... I have done a little bit of Linux management in Webmin, ... using port forwarding instead of opening up another port for Webmin itself. ...
- heads up, folks: random vnc (remote desktop) attempts
... new machine and Ubuntu install. ... immediately denied the request and removed the port forwarding on his ... he just has his SSH port forwarded and I tunnel VNC ... looks like there are rogue attempts to open a vnc connection on ...
- Re: [SLE] Re: Remote desktop questions
... On Monday 03 October 2005 15:27, Pieter Hulshoff wrote: ... > I haven't read the entire thread, but are you using ssh ... > port forwarding for vnc, and connecting to a local port? ... > vnc thinks it's going to connect locally). ...
- Re: Advice on BB for pensioners
... >Throw VNC on their machine, ... also cope with dynamic IP, needs no port forwarding on the router, and is ... Unsuitable for heavy downloaders, ...