From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Hellmachine
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 6:32 AM
To: secureshell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OpenSSH/WinSCP - Login-"Problem"

Dear Mailing List-member,

first of all let me tell you that I am glad to be a member of the list
now.

My name is Patrick.

So, and now let's switch to troubleshooting :-)

My environment is a Windows XP SP3 Client running OpenSSH as service.
SFTP enabled. All works great...a little bit too great :-)

I have the following problem. I have 2 accounts on the SSH: One for me
and one for my brother.

At work I use putty to connect to my Server. I enabled dynamic
portforwarding and added localhost and the dynamic port as a Socks-Proxy

to my browser. Now I can surf the web from anywhere using my
home-Internet-Connection. That works great.

But even my brother can use this connection...and this is what I do not
want.

He should be able to connect via SCP-Client (WinSCP) to the SFTP-Server
but NOT(!) connect via putty and SSH (so he can't use the connection as
socks-proxy).

But when I diable SSH-connection for his account, even SCP does not
work.

Can someone help me? I am a completely newbie to this topic. So, if
there is a solution, please explain it "slowly and simple"

Thanks in advance

Patrick

Amardeep Singh

Relevant Pages

  • Re: creating a custom newsreader
    ... shell on the server and obviously you need to fake it out into thinking ... reality it's the client GUI window). ... the sshd runs the process on the remote machine on the ... The client is a terminal GUI that instead of sending keyboard sequences ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Selecting Remote Users
    ... The username for my work PC is administrator. ... I have enabled 'Allow remote users to access computer', ... The user account you select on the machine that is to be the host ...
  • Re: Selecting Remote Users
    ... I have enabled 'Allow remote users to access computer', ... Remote connections might not be enabled or computer might be too ... You utilize whatever your actual username is. ...
  • Re: Task Manager and Remote Desktop
    ... How about using parameters of RDP file to launch the app on remote logon? ... If acceptable, if your app locks up, you disconnect the session and create a new one that will launch the Task Manager. ... Or have a target local agent that checks periodically if your shell app is locked up and if so, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: how to set timeout for read command
    ... > The shell is asked to do a number of things. ... This could take a very long time if the remote machine is not ... > Line 7 kills off the background subshell, ... forward quote before (sleep.... ...
    (comp.unix.shell)