OpenSSH/WinSCP - Login-"Problem"
- From: Hellmachine <hellmachine@xxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 02:02:21 +0100
Dear Mailing List-member,
first of all let me tell you that I am glad to be a member of the list now.
My name is Patrick.
So, and now let's switch to troubleshooting :-)
My environment is a Windows XP SP3 Client running OpenSSH as service. SFTP enabled. All works great...a little bit too great :-)
I have the following problem. I have 2 accounts on the SSH: One for me and one for my brother.
At work I use putty to connect to my Server. I enabled dynamic portforwarding and added localhost and the dynamic port as a Socks-Proxy to my browser. Now I can surf the web from anywhere using my home-Internet-Connection. That works great.
But even my brother can use this connection...and this is what I do not want.
He should be able to connect via SCP-Client (WinSCP) to the SFTP-Server but NOT(!) connect via putty and SSH (so he can't use the connection as socks-proxy).
But when I diable SSH-connection for his account, even SCP does not work.
Can someone help me? I am a completely newbie to this topic. So, if there is a solution, please explain it "slowly and simple"
Thanks in advance
- Prev by Date: openssh, pam and debian: how to configure ssh to use custom pam authentication module
- Next by Date: openssh scp issue on AIX
- Previous by thread: openssh, pam and debian: how to configure ssh to use custom pam authentication module
- Next by thread: RE: OpenSSH/WinSCP - Login-"Problem"