RE: Activity of the $HOME/.kshrc

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 10:33 -0700, Jialing Liang wrote:
Silly question, I know - but given that they're Redhat boxes - have you
double-checked the account shell on the 'broken' box is /bin/ksh and
not /bin/bash? In the latter case, that .kshrc would not get sourced
without manual intervention.

I am not so low level as unable to tell ksh and bash.

Please don't misunderstand, I was not questioning your skill. The
default shell is /bin/bash on RedHat systems, and mistakes happen.

However, based on your reply to Greg, if the shell is /bin/ksh on both
systems, then I think Greg is on the right track. I would do a diff
on /etc/ssh/sshd_config for each system and see if there are differences
in the ssh daemon config.

--
#include <stddisclaimer.h>
/* Kevin Brott <Kevin.Brott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>