Re: Activity of the $HOME/.kshrc

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 16:38 -0700, Jialing Liang wrote:
I have ssh login to two Linux - Openssh server. They share one $Home
directory. server1 runs Redhat 3 with Openssh 3.6.1 and sever2 runs
Redhat 5 with Openssh 4.3

The problem is: If I type "ssh server1 set" in a local host it shows the
variable defined in $HOME/.kshrc. However, the "ssh server2 set" does
not show the variable defined in the same $HOME/.kshrc file. How can I
make the server2 works the same as server1? Here the user name in local,
svrever1 and server2 are the same.

Settings of both server1 and server2:

# cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config | grep PermitUserEnvironment
PermitUserEnvironment yes

$ cat $HOME/.ssh/environment
ENV=$HOME/.kshrc

$ cat $HOME/.kshrc
LIC_HOST=licserv; export LIC_HOST;

Results of ssh command:

localhost$ ssh server1 echo $LIC_HOST
licserv
localhost$ ssh server2 echo $LIC_HOST

Thanks in advance for any discussions.

Jialing Liang

Silly question, I know - but given that they're Redhat boxes - have you
double-checked the account shell on the 'broken' box is /bin/ksh and
not /bin/bash? In the latter case, that .kshrc would not get sourced
without manual intervention.

--
#include <stddisclaimer.h>
/* Kevin Brott <Kevin.Brott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

DISCLAIMER:

  • Re: Activity of the $HOME/.kshrc
    ... I have ssh login to two Linux - Openssh server. ... If I type "ssh server1 set" in a local host it shows ... However, "ssh server2 set" does ... difference is due to different versions of ksh, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Activity of the $HOME/.kshrc
    ... I have ssh login to two Linux - Openssh server. ... If I type "ssh server1 set" in a local host it shows the ... the "ssh server2 set" does ... localhost$ ssh server1 echo $LIC_HOST ...
    (SSH)
  • Activity of the $HOME/.kshrc
    ... I have ssh login to two Linux - Openssh server. ... If I type "ssh server1 set" in a local host it shows ... However, "ssh server2 set" does ... localhost$ ssh server1 echo $LIC_HOST ...
    (comp.security.ssh)