Re: 5.1p1 and X11 forwarding failing

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Jeff Blaine <jblaine@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm really scratching my head on this one. The server
is running OpenSSH 5.1p1 on Solaris 9. The authentication
is via PAM if that matters.

# grep X11 sshd_config | sed '/^#/D'
X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10
X11UseLocalhost yes
#

Now I attach to my 'master' sshd and follow all children
to look for any evidence of "DISPLAY":

# truss -f -a -e -p 14923 2>&1 | grep DISPLAY

I then fire up ssh -X from a client machine, login, and
truss reports nothing.

If I perform the EXACT same test against stock Solaris 9
sshd (also authenticating against PAM), DISPLAY shows up
(in truss and in the shell) and X11 forwarding works fine.

Any ideas?

Need more data. Post the output here or to me as we wish

server: sshd -d -p 8000
client: ssh -X -v -p 8000 server

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu